The Hamilton Beach Microwave 87108 has a 23 or 12-hour clock. The same functions as the other microwaves, but it is programmable.
The clock can be set to turn on and off at any time you want. You can use this feature to keep your food warm away from the kitchen.
Hamilton Beach is an American brand of kitchen appliances and housewares.
The company has been in the business for over 100 years, and its products can be found in homes worldwide.
The Hamilton Beach microwave has many features that make it a convenient choice for your kitchen. You can cook frozen dinners, reheat leftovers or defrost meat quickly. It also includes a turntable that rotates so your food cooks evenly.
Before starting, you must know how microwave ovens work to prevent damage.
How To Set Clock On Hamilton Beach Microwave?
The Hamilton Beach microwave has a clock that can be set easily. The clock can be set to display the time of day, or it can be set to countdown and alert you when food is done.
To set the clock on your Hamilton Beach microwave:
- Press the “Clock” button on your microwave door until “Clock” appears on the display screen
- Press the “Set” button on your microwave door
- Press the “Hour” button on your microwave door until the hour setting appears on the display screen
- Press the “Minute” button on your microwave door until the minute setting appears on the display screen.
2 Options In Clock Settings
There are two options in Hamilton beach microwave settings.
The first one is the clock setting which is used to set the time and date of your appliance. You can do this by pressing the “Clock” button from the keypad and then pressing again for seconds or minutes. If you want to adjust hours, press the “Hr” button. You can also use the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard to adjust hours or minutes. When done with your adjustments, press the “Enter” button to save it and exit from the clock setting menu.
The other option is oven settings which allow you to change the default temperature level of your microwave oven. For example, if you want to increase the temperature level of your appliance, move up the arrow key until you reach desired temperature level that you want to bake or cook food in your microwave oven (e.g., increase 225 degrees Fahrenheit). After that, press Enter button to save it and exit from the oven setting menu.
How To Set Clock Auto And Manual?
The Hamilton Beach microwave has a few different methods for setting the clock.
Method 1: Manual Setting
To set the time manually, press and hold the min/max button until it beeps, and enter the time with the number keys.
Method 2: Auto Set
The auto set feature automatically sets the time you press Start or Stop. To use auto set, follow these steps:
- Press Start or Stop until you hear one beep.
- Enter the time using numbers on the keypad (1 through 12), then press Enter.
How To Set AM Or PM?
The Hamilton Beach Microwave 87108 has a 23 or 12-hour clock. To set the clock, follow the steps below:
- Plug your microwave into an outlet and turn it on.
- Press the clock button until the desired time appears in the display window. The time will flash “AM” or “PM.”
- Press the same button again to select AM or PM.
How Long Does A Button Need To Be Held?
Some buttons need to be pressed once for a millisecond,
while others need to be held for a while to activate certain settings.
If you have a model that has been discontinued or is over 8 years old, you may have to rely on the manual. The manual can help you find the correct buttons and tell you how long to hold them down.
- Press the Start/Stop button once and then press it again within 5 seconds. You should hear a beep when this is completed successfully.
- Press the Start/Stop button and wait for another beep within 5 seconds (the microwave will start automatically).
Can Set Clock On Hamilton Beach Microwave?
Yes, you can set the clock on a Hamilton Beach microwave. You can do this using the control panel buttons or the keypad on your microwave.
The first thing that you need to do is press the “Time Cook” button and then press “Clock.” The display will show a menu of options you can choose from. Choose “Set Clock” from this menu and then press “Start.” The display will show the current time and ask you to enter a new time. Enter your desired time (in 24-hour format) and press “Start.”
Where To Find Minute And Hour Hands?
The minute and hour hands of the clock are located on the face of your Hamilton Beach Microwave 87108. You can use these hands to manually set the time on your microwave by turning them as needed.
The clock setting on your microwave oven may malfunction if you notice the following symptoms:
- The clock face is blank or not visible at all.
- The time is inaccurate compared to a timepiece of known accuracy, such as a wristwatch or wall clock.
- The time is not advancing normally and must be advanced manually.
- A specific minute, hour, or day has been selected and will not change to another value when the up arrow key is pressed repeatedly.
Why My Hamilton Beach Microwave Keeps Returning To 00:00 Every Time, You Set The Time
This could be due to several reasons, but the most likely cause is a faulty internal clock. If this is the case, then two options are available.
- The first option is to replace the internal clock with a new one. You can find these online at places like Amazon and eBay.
- The second option is to replace all of the buttons on top of your microwave with new ones and use them as an alternative way of setting your time.
- But at the place of first aid, you should remember to press the START/+30 SEC pad instead of the CLOCK pad. Because hitting the clock button, may reset the time or cancels your input.