This article will talk about how to cook ramen in the microwave easily. Well, Ramen is a type of food that is equally liked by everyone no matter how old you are.
We remember when people started doing these crazy ramen noodles challenges and ASMR videos. Well, it never goes out of trend. Still, so many videos and challenges about Ramen are trending.
Making Ramen is so easy; even 8 years old can make it, but don’t let them go anywhere near the stove. Keep reading, and you’ll find out how we can easily make Ramen in the microwave. No stove, no fire, nothing. Just put it in a microwave, and boom! Hot, steamy, and delicious Ramen is ready to eat.
How To Cook Ramen In Microwave? – Let’s Read
We’ve made this, so you know how to make Ramen by following these simple steps in the microwave.
This recipe is for Ramen that doesn’t have a lot of broth. Make sure to use 2 cups of water if you want soup or broth.
- Break the noodles in half. You may either split them apart while they’re still in the packaging or take them from the package and break them up afterward. In a microwave-safe dish, put the split noodles.
- Pour water over the broken noodles.
- Microwave for 1 minute after placing the bowl in the microwave. Cook for another minute after stirring the noodles. Cook again for a minute or two, based upon how cooked you prefer your noodles. The cooking time will be around 3 minutes.
- Take out the bowl from the microwave with care.
- Be aware that the dish will be hot. In a mixing bowl, add the seasoning and stir well.
Why Make Ramen In Microwave?
We think the easiest and most convenient method to make Ramen is to cook them in a microwave. It’s so easy to make even a child can make them without even going anywhere near the stove.
As it is so easy to make soon, it’ll be your comfort and go-to food. Nobody likes to cook every day, and Ramen is delicious and easy to make, and healthy. You can add egg, chicken, beans, and literally anything per your liking.
Let’s take a scenario here. Imagine on a chilly winter night you’re suddenly craving hot ramen but even getting up and going all the way to your kitchen makes you cold. That’s where microwaves will be a blessing for you.
All you have to do is put it in the microwave, set the timer, and that’s all. It’ll do all the work, and it hardly takes a few minutes.
Some Tips For Making Noodles In Microwave
These tips might come in handy if you’re a beginner or rarely make Ramen in the microwave.
- Be careful since the dish can get quite hot.
- Cooking time is determined by the type of noodles used. You’ll need to add 2 mins to the package’s suggested cooking time. Example: 3 minutes (according to the packet) Plus 2 minutes = 5 minutes (time for microwaving)
- While using the microwave, the water may flow out of the bowl, so be prepared to wipe it up afterward.
- Using veggies as toppings on your noodles is considerably healthier and more delicious.
- You should start by heating the water. The noodles will remain undercooked if you heat the water and noodles combined.
How Can You Make Ramen Delicious?
If you want to make your ramen taste even better, you can follow some suggested tips below.
Instead of using the spice package, consider flavoring the broth with Better Than Bouillon or cooking the ramen noodles in chicken or beef broth rather than water.
Vegetables: Add spring onions, mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, or spinach to your dish. Frozen veggies are also a good option. Add crushed garlic and crushed ginger to add even more flavor.
Protein: For more protein, top with prepared shrimp, chicken, stewed beef, pulled pork, tofu, chopped ham, or a hard-boiled egg.
Homemade Ramen Seasoning
Many people are tired of eating the same Ramen and want to spice it up a little. That’s why we have added this homemade ramen seasoning in this article, so you get to experience tasty Ramen with a homemade taste.
You don’t want to use the seasoning that came with the package? It’s no issue! Instead of using the packet, make your own MSG-free ramen spice blend.
Combine all of these in a mixing bowl, then whisk them into the cooked ramen noodles.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Here’s How You Can Make Ramen Without Microwave
Don’t worry if you don’t have a microwave. We’ve got you covered.
- You can boil water on the stove as it is easy to make Ramen.
- In a pot on the stove, bring approximately a cup of water to a boil.
- In a mixing dish, combine the broken ramen noodles. Cover the bowl with hot water and the noodles.
- Allow sitting for 3 minutes. Remove the lid and mix the noodles. Stir in the spice package until everything is well combined.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much time does it take to make Ramen in a microwave?
The packet suggests that it’ll take only 3 minutes, but usually, it takes 5 minutes to make Ramen in a microwave. We also think in about 5 minutes, and it will perfectly cook your Ramen.
Will Ramen help me lose weight?
No, it doesn’t help you lose weight, nor does it help in gaining weight.
How can I make my Ramen spicy?
If you want to make your Ramen extra spicy, you can add cayenne powder and sriracha sauce.