Do you have Corelle plates but need to know whether they can go in the oven? Luckily, yes, your Corelle plates are oven safe and can withstand a certain range of temperatures. This tempered glassware can go in the oven at temperatures up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177℃). However, the accessory attachments are oven safe up to 248 degrees Fahrenheit.
Corelle is a popular choice among people due to its glass lamination, which consists of two layers of transparent glass covering one white layer inside. If you are concerned about the durability of Corelle in the oven, you must confirm about glass material (Vitrelle) by the manufacturer.
In this guide, we have shared all the important details to help you understand beneficial features, including the oven-safe nature of Corelle.
Can Corelle Go In The Oven?
The high temperatures in the oven often shrink, melt and warp some cookware materials. The same goes for Corelle, which is oven-safe but only up to 350 degrees. It doesn’t break or crack inside the oven at this temperature.
Not all cookware is safe in the oven, but plates made of Pyrex, metal, and tempered glass can withstand oven heat. The type of glass used in manufacturing Corelle is Vitrelle which is hard and highly durable. Other glass plates can easily break in the oven.
Putting Corelle plates on a direct heat source will cause small cracks. So, stovetops and grilling units are unsafe for Corelle dinnerware.
Can Corelle go in a convection oven?
The versatility of Corelle makes its products suitable for convection ovens, microwave ovens, and freezers. This cookware is capable of surviving higher temperatures for a long time. However, it is important to preheat the convection oven before putting dishes into it.
Using Corelle plates, you can cook, bake, and reheat food in a preheated convection or conventional oven.
Can Corelle plates go in a toaster oven?
Though you can safely use Corelle plates in different types of ovens, keeping the temperature below 350 degrees, it is recommended by most consumers and manufacturers not to use them in a toaster oven.
Any direct heat source, such as a broiler, cooktop, and toaster oven, will break or shatter the plates. The risk of thermal shock is higher in these types of heat sources.
Are Corelle Bowls Safe to Go In The Oven?
Yes, Corelle bowls and other dinnerware are oven safe at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. These all are heat and break resistant due to the glass material used in the composition. However, crossing the limited temperature range will make Corelle bowls vulnerable.
Even though the Corelle has thin dishes and other products, they are manufactured perfectly and have special properties such as resilience, lightweight, and resistance to breaking, cracking, and chipping.
But it is highly recommended to prevent all cookware from thermal shock. To avoid breaking, you should never put a refrigerated Corelle item directly in a preheated oven.
How to Use Corelle Plates Safely In The Oven?
It is essential to take precautionary measures when handling Corelle plates in the oven to avoid unwanted events. You can break your oven-safe Corelle plates if you do not use them properly.
Here are some safe ways you must consider to get the best results:
Make Sure It’s Oven-Safe
- You should first know that the manufacturer verifies your Corelle plates as oven-safe. You can find the sign on the plates or displayed on the box.
- For further confirmation, you can look into the instruction guide or booklet to understand the safety measures and temperature limitations.
- You can test it by keeping the plate in a cold oven and heating it slowly. Allow the plate and oven to heat together to prevent thermal shock. The sudden temperature change can break your plates even if they are resistant.
Acclimatize Corelle Plates
Acclimatizing means you must remove your Corelle plates from the freezer and leave them on the counter for some time. This will allow them to become compatible with room temperature to protect your plates from thermal shock. Manufacturers highly recommend acclimatizing plates for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Also, avoid putting hot plates from the oven into the freezer. This will also lead to thermal shock.
Keep Temperature Within Limits
- You must ensure the temperature range, which should always be at most 350 degrees. You can safely put Corelle plates in the oven for baking, reheating, and cooking food if you follow the instructions.
- Never put an empty plate in the oven; rather, put some water or anything in a small amount to prevent it from breaking.
- It is good to keep the temperature low but consistent during baking and cooking by adding a small amount of water. The water will prevent food from sticking and burning.
Place Corelle Plates in Middle Rack
Do not put Corelle plates anywhere in your oven, but the middle rack is the most suitable. This position will keep the plates secure and safe from direct heat exposure from the heating element directed above or below.
What Are The Advantages & Disadvantages of Using Corelle Plates?
When using Corelle plates, you must know the benefits and downsides you will face. We have enlisted some of them below:
Advantages of Corelle Plates
- Corelle plates are heat and scratch-resistant, which makes them easy to use and store.
- These are easy to use and strong enough to stay intact for a long time due to tempered glass.
- These plates are dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe at certain temperatures.
- Whether you want to reheat, warm, or bake food, Corelle plates are best for use.
- Corelle plates are light and stylish in appearance to be perfect dinnerware.
- You get three years of warranty for these dishes, and you can make them last even longer by proper use.
Disadvantages of Corelle Plates
- Some cases of lead and cadmium presence have been reported in Corelle plates. But this usually happens when plates are glazed. That’s why it is recommended to avoid using chipped or cracked Corelle plates.
- Using shattered or cracked plates will add these toxic materials to your food.
- You can not use Corelle plates for broiling as it will break the tempered glass.
- Corelle plates are not safe to use for caramelization.
Safety Tips to Take Care of Your Corelle Plates
Though using Corelle plates carefully is important to keep them in good condition, there are some other essential aspects you must pay attention to regarding the care for your dinnerware.
- Never scrape off food leftovers with sharp objects. Rather scrape them with a spoon gently.
- Corelle plates are dishwasher-safe, but rinse them before putting them in the dishwasher.
- You can wash these plates using warm soapy water by hand for better results.
- Avoid using any abrasive material for cleaning them. Rather use nylon scrubbers.
- To get rid of tough stains, use baking soda or vinegar.
Whether you already own Corelle dinnerware or are planning to get one, it is important to know its proper use. Corelle plates are safe to go in the oven as long as the temperature stays within the range of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can use plates on the induction cooktop, microwave oven, and convection oven. Keeping good care of Corelle dishes will deliver high-quality cooking for a long period. We hope the guideline will help you get the best experience using Corelle plates in the oven.
Can Saran Wrap Go In The Oven?
Can Aluminum Foil Go In The Oven?